Qualified Security Team Member Course
4 Day course + 1 Day Exam
Price £1990 + VAT, Inc Accommodation
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
This 5 day course covers both the practical and theoretical knowledge and demonstration of security assessment skills. Candidates will be taught and be able to demonstrate:
- Information security in the corporate world
- Professionalism and communications, skills ethics and the law
- Network enumeration and network mapping
- Network device management and exploitation
- Service enumeration
- Service topology/dependency mapping
- Service management and exploitation
- Application enumeration and profiling
- Application and operating system management
- Application and operating system exploitation and manipulation
The end of course assessment takes place on the 5th day and comprises a two hour practical in which candidates are asked to achieve specific objectives within a dedicated environment. This will be supplemented by a half hour viva exam in which candidates will be asked to explain and discuss their methods, findings and recommendations. These components are backed-up by a multiple-choice examination and a long-question paper on networking and security theory.
CHECK Team Member
The assessment has been reviewed by CESG as the National Technical Authority in the UK and has been accepted as meeting the technical requirements for a CHECK Team Member assault course.
- Demonstrable theoretical knowledge of key security standards and issues
- Recognition of professional/ethical behaviour in the area of vulnerability testing
- Key communications skills and project management skills for vulnerability testing
- IT leaders who want to develop business and IT strategies to defend networks and critical data
- IT professionals who need the skills to protect their organisations in real time
- CEOs and Managing Directors who need to ensure the safety of their organisation
- Senior level managers and directors who need to protect the reputation and brand of their organisation against a cyber attack
Students attending one of our advanced cyber training courses will have a unique learning experience.
All of PGI trainers are qualified to teach in the lifelong learning sector, whilst remaining in operational and analytical roles. No two courses are the same, as our instructors are at the forefront pushing boundaries to continually evolve our offering.